Picture of Autumn
Could any nice person help me??
by Autumn - Monday, 28 January 2008, 11:29 AM

I've been sick for a few days, so it would help me to catch up if someone could kindly fax of scan in and email me the math homework sheet. I mean, if you haven't already done it. wink
Picture of Maggie
Re: Could any nice person help me??
by Maggie - Monday, 28 January 2008, 01:02 PM

I am soo sorry. I cannot fax. But I can transfer it onto here.

CODING THE ALPHABET
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

The value of a word is found by changing its letters into numbers and adding them. For example, the word BAD has a value of 7 because 2+1+4= 7.

a. Write the value of each letter beside the words listed below, and find the values of the following animal names.

cow
dog
pig
lion
deer
bear

2. a.
Joan has decided to change the code and has given every letter some secret number. If you know that the value of ON is 5 and the value of TO is 7, what can O,N, and T be?

(use a separate sheet)

b.
Can you find another set of number values for O, N and T?

(use separate sheet)

c.
Have you found them all? How do you know?

(use separate sheet)

Using the same code, how many different solutions for O,N, and T will you have, if you are given the additional information that the value of TOO is 9?

(use separate sheet)

*Show all work on separate sheet*

I hope that helped!!! Just copy that info down. If you have any further questions just reply smile

-x-

Maggie

Picture of Maggie
Re: Could any nice person help me??
by Maggie - Monday, 28 January 2008, 01:03 PM

Sorry for the Alphabet thing. The Letters and the Numbers got mixed up, so A= 1, B= 2, and so on until you reach Z=26. Sorry for that mistake.