Picture of paul
To Mr. Marcos' current students:
by paul - Monday, 15 October 2012, 06:03 PM

Welcome to middle school! An exciting, yet scary time in your life. I guarantee the hardest part has already happened, for the transition between elementary to middle school is the biggest one, and after that everything falls into place.

All of you are extremely lucky to have Mr. Marcos as a teacher, no teacher has ever impacted me in such a way. It has been a quick six years since I was blessed enough to have him and I still am affected by his efforts in bettering the educational system by spreading his knowledge and exploring new ideas.

As upsetting as it may be, it is a rare occurrence to find a teacher who cares so much about his students, and is so invested in the learning process like Mr. Marcos is. I encourage you all to participate as much as you can in class, and especially with mathtrain. Take it from me, someone who was too naive to understand its importance at the time, mathtrain.tv is a unique project that you really only have a few years to fully participate in.

Although his class may be difficult at times, remember that Mr. Marcos' only intention is to enhance your knowledge and perception on not only the world of math, but the world surrounding you. I can easily say that out of my 13 years apart of the Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District, this is the class that I remember and miss the most. Make your time in Mr. Marcos' class count.

Wish you all the best!

-"Paul"
Picture of Teacher
Re: To Mr. Marcos' current students:
by Teacher - Monday, 17 December 2012, 10:29 PM

"Paul",
How wonderful! Thank you for the kind words. How did your k12 Keynote go?